The Ministry of Economy of Ukraine has approved the Procedure and special requirements for food labeling, for which it is mandatory to indicate the country of origin or place of origin.
The procedure establishes the rules for indicating the country of origin or place of origin in the label:
1) meat of cattle, fresh or chilled;
2) beef, ice cream;
3) fresh, chilled and frozen pork;
4) fresh, chilled and frozen lamb and goat meat;
5) edible offal of cattle, fresh or chilled, or frozen;
6) meat and edible offal of poultry;
8) virgin olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
The procedure will be applied to the labeling of the above-mentioned food products produced in Ukraine or imported into the territory of Ukraine, at all stages of their implementation.
The Procedure will not apply to products intended for personal consumption.
The order enters into force on the day of its official publication and enters into force in May 2024.
The order is based on the requirements of EU acts and is a step towards European integration and the creation of a common food market with the European Union.