Careful and detailed market research, as well as evaluation of legal conditions before starting official import products into a new market should be done.
Despite globalization and standardization of local legal procedures to international standards, there are still a lot of national and regional differences and features that should be taken into account during product compliance procedures before entering a new market.
Even famous companies from time to time facing difficulties already after decision enters into a new market has been taken: product name has an inappropriate meaning in local language, similar trademark or packaging design have been already registered by another person, product labels do not meet legal requirements, etc.
There can be different requirements for the same products in different countries. Excise goods and subject to licensing always needed to pay particular attention by producer or distributor.
Tobacco products, alcohol products, pharmaceuticals products almost in each country required special information placed on packaging. And governments constantly increasing the requirements, for instance, introducing special unique code on each package.
Guidance in regulatory affairs before starting operating on a new market and comprehensive legal support be Crane IP Law Firm:
– Pre-Import Consultation.
– Product Registration.
– Compliance of Product Labels and Packaging.
– Assistance in test imports.
– Obtaining certificates of conformity, assistance in obtaining licenses & permissions.
– Entering/extending IP objects into Customs Registry.
– Due Diligence of investment projects.
– Analysis of regulatory framework of each sector of the economy.
– Comprehensive legal support in courts in economic and administrative cases, business and labor disputes.
– Risk analysis and prevention of corporate raiding – audit of all contracts and business documentation, protection system development in case of attack by evil-doers.
– Legal maintenance of company and identification of potential threats at the reporting stage to tax service.
– Lobbying client interests in the state bodies of Ukraine at all levels.
– Dispute resolution between client and competitors/contractors/governmental bodies in pre-judicial dispute settlement and in trial.